（1）Effective Japanese language classes fine-tuned to students’ needs:
- Small groups;
- Classes offered at different proficiency levels;
- Various core language classes and applied skills classes addressing students’ individual needs;
- Different studying modules varying in intensiveness.
（2）Horizon-broadening English-taught classes exploring various aspects of contemporary Japan
- Classes conducted jointly for domestic and exchange students alike;
- Original curriculum addressing students’ various needs;
- Wide range of topics addressing various aspects of contemporary Japan from a truly global perspective (e.g. Toyota Management);
- Numerous opportunities for students to gain more in-depth knowledge not only through classroom learning but fieldwork and extramural research activities.
（3）Japanese culture & hands-on experience-based program taking advantage of the University’s central location in the country (no credit)
- Day trips and excursions held nearly every week
- Workshops: ikebana (flower arrangement), tea ceremony, pottery making, soba (buckwheat) noodles making, Zen meditation;
- Study tours: Ninja Village, Ise Grand Shrine, sumo games, visits to museums and galleries;
- Overnight study tours each semester
- Kyoto, Nara, Shirakawa Village, Eiheiji Temple
- A variety of workshops allowing students to experience Japanese culture more thoroughly than through sightseeing alone.
- Must be enrolled in and recommended by one of our partner institutions.
- A strong recommendation from staff at home institution.