Nomination & Application Deadline
Fall admission: March 15
Spring admission: October 15
Fall admission: March 31
Spring admission: October 31
|Semester||Month||Things to do|
|Fall||March 31||Application deadline for Fall Semester|
|Mid-May||Receive an acceptance package from NUFS|
|Late June to Mid-July||Receive a CoE from NUFS
|Mid-July||Deadline for submission of Arrival flight information|
|Mid-July to Early August||Apply for a student visa at the Embassy of Japan|
|Late August||Arrive in Japan|
|Spring||October 31||Application deadline for Spring Semester|
|Mid-December||Receive an acceptance package from NUFS|
|Late January to Mid-February||Receive a CoE from NUFS|
|Late February||Deadline for submission of Arrival flight information|
|Mid-February to Early March||Apply for a student visa at the Embassy of Japan|
|Late March||Arrive in Japan|
STEP 1 - Application -
Applications are accepted via online form. Please review the submission instructions below to complete the process.
* If you have visited Japan in the past, please also submit a copy of the pages with the visa stamps. If your visa stamps are on your old passport, please also submit the information page and visa stamps pages of your old passport.
2. Portrait Photograph;
・Only the applicant.
・Taken within the past 3 months, showing current appearance.
・Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hair line.
・Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.
・There should be spaces above and beside the face.
・Head size and position: The head should be about 2.5cm from chin to the top of your head.
・in jpg format.
・Photo file size must be under 50KB, and at width x height ratio 3 x 4 (330 pixels wide x 440 pixels in height) .
3. Official Academic Transcript
* Including explanation of the grading system.
4. Bank Statement
* Please provide a bank statement, a letter from your bank confirming your funds, or a certificate of deposit. This document is required to show that you have adequate funds for your stay in Japan. It must have been issued no earlier than 3 months before the application deadline.
* The minimum required balance should amount to 40,000 yen for each month;
■ Study period of 1 academic semester: 40,000 yen x 5 months = 200,000 yen
■ Study period of 1 academic year: 40,000 yen x 10 months = 400,000 yen
* If your parents pay for your living expenses during your studying abroad at NUFS, we can accept the bank statement of your parent's deposit. In this case, please submit the document certifying parent-child relationship as well.
* The above amounts are for students who will receive NUFS scholarship. Students who do not apply for it should provide proof of 100,000 yen per month. (1 academic semester: 500,000 yen, 1 academic year: 1,000,000 yen)
* Please submit the scanned pdf of the original filled out by a physician.
* Students with preexisting medical conditions should make sure to stay in touch with the physician in charge of their treatment in the home country, as some medical services or treatments may not be available in Japan.
* Please submit a written agreement for the medical condition, treatment, and medication listed on the Medical Information Form.
* You do not need to submit this agreement in case no condition, treatment or medication has been mentioned in the Medical Information Form.
* It must be filled out by your instructor, academic/student advisor, or coordinator at your home university.
* Please read "Regulations Governing Nagoya University of Foreign Studies Non-Degree Exchange Student Scholarships" before applying for the scholarship.
* Only applicants to the "Study Abroad Program at NUFS Undergraduate and Graduate Schools" should submit this certificate.
* N2 level or higher certificate is required for undergraduate courses, and N1 level certificate is required for graduate school courses.
STEP 2 - Acceptance Package -
Once you have received the Package, please read the documents carefully and follow the necessary procedures.
The Acceptance Package includes an acceptance letter and a guidebook describing the pre-arrival procedures. You will find information on the arrival dates specified by NUFS and the pick-up from Central Japan International Airport. It is strongly recommended that you check these before arranging your airline tickets.
STEP 3 - Student Visa -
For details on applying for a student visa, please check the website of the embassy or consulate, and if you have any questions, please contact them directly. Please note that there is no information that NUFS can provide regarding visa applications.
STEP 4 - Depart for Japan -
DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US AT firstname.lastname@example.org IF YOU NEED ANY ASSISTANCE!